Davidson Theatre Drama Club
Hilliard Davidson H.S. Drama Club sponsors the school's theatrical productions which currently include a fall children's play, a fall play or small cast musical, a winter 9th-10th grade play, a winter 11th-12th grade play, and a spring musical. Drama Club financially underwrites these productions. Students must be members of Drama Club and/or Tech Crew to participate in the school's theatrical productions (exception — chorus of the spring musical). Additionally, Drama Club sponsors a number of other events throughout the school year for its members such as the fall movie screening, participation in the area and state thespian conferences, club meetings, Thespian Inductions, and other outings/trips. Drama Club sponsors an annual coloring/drawing contest for grades K-5 in conjunction with its children's play along with other outreach events. Drama Club members collaborate with Tech Crew members in organizing and manning Drama Camp for children grades K-5 each December holiday break. The arts camp allows students to rotate through various workshops such as movement, music games, puppetry, clowning, theatre games, arts and crafts, storytelling, music making, etc. Additionally, an Improv Camp is available for students grades 6-8.
Membership is open to any Davidson student, grades 9 through 12 and serves as a path for membership in Davidson's Thespian Troupe (ITS Troupe #1316).
2012-2013 Theatre Officers
- Drama Club President - Sam McTurner
- Tech Crew President - Corbin Mauro
- Drama Club Vice President - Marisa Rosner
- Tech Crew Vice President - Derinne Callaghan
- Secretary - Maire Austin
- Costumer/Makeup - Carlie Meyers
- Public Relations - Abbey Bumbledare
- House Manager - Nick Faltas
- Historian - Mary Curtis
- Giggle Factory Leader - Rania Khamees
Membership benefits this year...don't forget to join early!
- Darby, Davidson and Bradley are joining together to offer another perk! You may use your club card and a photo id to receive a discount on any general admission ticket (except the musical) to a performance in the Performing Arts Center. Present your club card and id at the box office and receive $2 off your ticket.